I have moved the posts from this WordPress hosted blog back to my main blog at http://linuxchic.net. Please feel free to visit, subscribe to the RSS feed, and leave a comment to say hi! We are embarking on a new adventure and I will continue to update everyone from there!
Moved back to the main blog 08/02/2009
25 Things 02/04/2009
I got tagged on Facebook but thought I would share this on the blog as well.
- I fell in love with San Francisco in just one visit and would love to live there…
- …but if I could live anywhere I wanted it would be on a farm.
- I am insanely frugal except when it comes to cell phones. There are so many things I won’t buy because I can’t spend money on something I know I can make or build myself.
- I recently figured out how to knit with needles after 3 years of struggling.
- I have a love hate relationship with gReader.
- I have no tolerance for stupid.
- People leave toy and candy eyeballs in my cube so I will stab those instead of maiming any humans (see number six).
- I am content to get paid less and love my job than earn a big salary and be miserable.
- I would rather be at home taking care of my family than going to work everyday.
- I am a newbie Doctor Who fan.
- I like watching movies at home rather than on the big screen.
- I enjoy vegetable gardening but can’t keep houseplants alive.
- I have seven pets including one hamster, 2 cats, three guinea pigs, and one house rabbit.
- I have moved on to only reading books under creative commons licensing on the Internet because I can’t afford my habit of reading 4-5 books a week and the library stinks.
- I love dark roast coffee and espresso.
- I would like to learn how to spin fiber.
- I have 4 kids but I wanted 6.
- I can only make bread in a bread machine. It comes out hard as a rock if I make it in the oven.
- I love thrift stores and garage sales – it feeds my need for unique decor and furniture that I can refinish myself.
- My goal this year is to be less dependent on stuff and start replacing useless with functional or just getting rid of it.
- I adore linux.
- I rarely buy new hardware, I prefer to hack together old stuff.
- I would prefer to never work for a for-profit company again.
- I prefer SMS over voice calls.
- Even though there are things I would rather be doing, if I have to work, I am glad I am employed where I am because my job is pretty great.
I’ve been sick & that stinks 02/02/2009
Sorry for almost a week of silence. I have been sick and feeling quite miserable and sorry for myself. The kids bounced through this little bout of flu quickly but their old mom didn’t fare as well.
I have posts queued up so I will be getting back on the ball this week.